Thursday, June 2, 2011

First day in Rome

Waking up at 5:15 A.M created a long but fascinating day in Rome today.  We boarded the bus at 6:30 A.M and started our four hour journey on the road.  Charter buses in Italy are not comfortable, and the roads are small and rough; sleeping was not really an option.  Everyone dresses to impress in Italy, and I am sure if you know me, this part is hard for me. ;)  I wore boots, jeans, and a nice blouse.  This was a mistake.  We arrived to Rome and immediately started the tour to St. Peter's Basilica .  The cobble stone and 45 minutes walk there was not too bad, however, this changed shortly afterwards.  The church is the largest in the world and gorgeous!  [side note: pictures of this trip can be found on my facebook, and some will be posted here]  After that, we toured the Vatican Museum for four more hours (totaling to six hours!) and my feet were bruised and swollen covered in blisters.  We finally made it home, and everyone relaxed at the hotel tiziano before our roman pizza dinner.  The roman pizza wasn't very good, but I was just glad to get a rest!  Will blog soon! :)

Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I wish i could have been there to see the church and explore Rome! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete